I’ve been a bit of a creative rut lately. Both with food and my writing. I’ve still been both eating and writing, but nothing worth any note. I’ve made casseroles, giant plates of french fries and I’ve written pages of notes/thoughts/potential outlines for more than one story, but I just can’t seem to keep motivated long enough to see anything come of it. Usually, when I hit a rut like this it will last for a week or two and then I’m back to it, picking away slowly but surely at whatever it is that has been perplexing me.
This time around, it seems like this rut has grown to the size of the Grand Canyon and I’ve had to start coming up with creative ways to get myself out of it (I am well aware of the irony of using creativity to get out of a creative rut, but [for once] I’m not bothered by it). So I’ve come up with this list of what I’m looking forward to and I thought I would share it.
- My birthday! The big 2-5!
- Starting to study towards my B.A. (and also finishing it)
- Visiting my family in Edmonton
- Finally getting my DLSR camera
- The long anticipated new driver’s license photo
- Picnics by the river with Joey
- Getting my first poem published
- Getting my first short story published
- Flip flops & sandals
- Barbecues & cold wine
- The lilac tree outside my bedroom window blooming
That’s all I have on the list so far (and somethings push more into summer, but meh). I’d love to know what you’re all looking forward to too!